Thursday, July 18, 2002

I have no beagle to beguile me, but I do have a coyote with whom to commingle.

For a handful of reasons which wouldn't survive the light of respectibility , I took today off from work. I woke up around 6 a.m., partook of the requisite morning meds/vitamins/juices, put in a voicemail to my boss, turned the A/C down to the freezing point, and curled up inside my down comforter. Ahh. Mental health day.

Woke up around 1 p.m. Mr. Pajamas Himself was poking at me with his nose, needing to go outside to use the toity. I walked out with him to view the day that I was ignoring, and shortly found a warm bit of grass that had my ass' name written all over it, right beside the veggie garden and underneath some glorious, gargantuan sunflowers, billowy clouds, and a sky as blue as the bonnie blue flag. After a few minutes of this, I realized I was wearing no sunscreen (gasp!) and probably shouldn't get too comfortable. I got up only to spot a bright red burst of a tomato on the vine -- my first ripe one this season. Another Ahh.

Doggie, tomato, and I repaired to the house. I shut the back door, got out a knife, cut the still-warm-from-the sun tomato in half, and sank my teeth in, over the sink as God himself intended. It was red-rum fleshy sexy fertile bloody tangy goodness itself.

It is a good, good thing, to be right here, right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home