Tuesday, June 25, 2002

My Jell-O is Judicatin' a-l-l over the place

Right back atcha, Possum. And many congratulations on being named one of the "Top 100 Best Unknowns," a honor only slightly more prestigious than being named among the "Top 10 People Who Have Stopped Beating Their Wives."

Ya gotta watch what you say to people. I read the "Top 100" blurb somewhere, and given that he's probably going to be my only guest at the Alabama Blogger Meetup, I thought I'd drop him a line. Next thing I know I'm getting some delightful emails, discussing among other things, his reason for blogging:

one was that I wanted to show people from other parts of the world that a Southern, openly heterosexual, gun-owning, conservative, God-fearing, old-school-dad type guy could write stuff that was simultaneously thought-provoking, logically consistent, and funny, without sounding like some sort of creepy nutjob (which is what most people would
think of someone as I've described myself).


To which I replied:

Ha! I know what you mean! My best male friend (who is probably my soulmate and I'd marry him if we had the slightest bit of physical chemistry, which we don't) is just like that, and I'm anything BUT. Not that I'm a lesbian gun-control liberal atheist New Age massage therapist or anything. It's just that where most polarizing occurs, I back off. I can see all the pros and cons of just about any issue, and I can usually see the merit in every side of any conflict. This whole Arab-Israeli thing has my head in a spin.

And dang if the dude didn't blogroll me then and there. Dadgum roadkill.

I like the term "Alablogger." Much more so than say, "Bamablogger" because that would sound too redneck. Visions of red and white Chevy pickups with U of A license plates. (shudder)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home